How To Build The Ultimate Lip Gloss Wardrobe
The 2020s are the decade of lip gloss. We are moving away from the matte lippies of the 2010s and into an era of lip tints, lip glosses and lip plumpers. There is no better time than now because lip gloss formulae have evolved by leaps and bounds to include ingredients that plump, hydrate and nourish your lips in style. There are so many lip gloss shades to pick from. Do you stick with the basics or go all out? Here’s what we think.
Our Favorite Lip Gloss Shades
Building a lip gloss wardrobe is just like building any other kind of wardrobe. You need solid basics and a few things to dazzle. Here are our top picks
- A clear lip gloss. Clear lip gloss is just like black. It goes with everything. Over your lipsticks, over lip liners or just alone for a simple look. To take things up a notch you may need to consider a frosty gloss like the iridescent gloss in our Tonga Hybrid Shine. Tonga blends into a velvety lip gloss to give lips an extra luscious boost of shine.
- A nude gloss. Options abound. A dusty pink? A warm brown? Take your pick or a few and make it work. Nude lip glosses look great with dark lipliners or just on their own for a soft look
- A sparkly gloss. Turn the party up with a bronzy or champagne gloss depending on your preference. We love our bronze lip gloss from our Rust Coast Hybrid Shine which wears like a cloud and looks like a shimmering ream
- A berry lip gloss. This you need in your favorite shade of pink or red. Swipe some on for a sultry grown-up look
- A kind of orange lip gloss. Rust or Peach. Take your pick but you need orange lip gloss. We love the fun, bright peach in our Spring Peach Hybrid.
- This is your wild card. Pick the most unique color of gloss you can find. We are partial to black or blue glosses.