DEWY VS MATTE. WHAT FOUNDATION IS RIGHT FOR SUMMER?
As the high summer approaches, it is time to think about what kind of foundation you want to use. The summer heat is something that we all dread. It's hard to find a good balance between looking good and feeling comfortable in sticky weather.
DEWY OR MATTE FOUNDATION?
Dewy foundations are best for the summer months because they give your skin a natural glow. They are also great for people who don't like wearing a lot of makeup. A matte foundation will provide a heavier coverage than the dewy counterpart. It also has more of an oily texture, which helps it last longer on your skin throughout the day.
Previously, once it was summer, everyone swapped their dewy for matte foundations. No one wanted to risk having their makeup melting right off their faces. This was especially popular amongst folks with oily or sweaty skin. Now, you don’t have to choose, If you want to be dewy throughout summer. You can!
HOW TO KEEP YOUR MAKE-UP ON ALL DAY
Luckily, there are some tips and tricks to keep your make-up on all-day
- You can invest in silicone or oil-free primers that will reduce the effects of sweat and oil on your make-up.
- A great trick is to apply setting spray before your make-up and after every layer. This seals in your make-up without making it go cakey
- You could also apply some setting powder before applying your foundation as demonstrated here
- You could also use blotting papers or powders to touch up your makeup throughout the day if necessary.
- If you have to use a matte foundation, you can lighten it up with a face mist. This makes it slightly dewy without affecting the protection matte foundation gives you.
These tips and our highlighters are sure to have you looking amazing all summer!CHEEKS (BLUSH AND HIGHLIGHTER)