Learn About Foiling In 5 Minutes
Making your make-up last is relatively easy. Last week, we shared many tips on how to create transfer-proof make-up looks. One thing we missed is that one part of your make-up that’s still likely to move is your eyeshadow. The best of your eyeshadows need some support to keep them from moving all day. This is because the eyelids also secret sebum that can cause your perfectly placed eye shadow to move around. Thankfully, make-up pros have come up with a way to elongate the lifespan of eyeshadow on your face. It’s a technique called Foiling. Keep reading to discover this beauty secret.
What Is Foiling
Foiling is a make-up technique that involved setting spray or a mixing medium in your eyeshadow application process to increase longevity. This beauty technique was developed by stage make-up artists and celebrity make-up artists who require their client’s looks to withstand the passage of time. This technique also increases the color payout of eyeshadow or any eye pigments. It creates a lightweight creamy eyeshadow that stays on.
How Can I Foil My Eyeshadow
- Foiling is a technique usually done with shimmery or metallic eyeshadows. This is because they are less likely to change their color when mixed with another beauty product. Choose our Pilot Palette for hazy bronzes and glowy golds or our Cockaigne Palette for a trip around the rainbow
- Apply one or two sprays of your favorite setting spray on your eyeshadow brush. Note that the brush should be damp and not wet. An alternative to this is mixing your eyeshadow with a drop of mixing medium.
- Next up apply your eyeshadow on your eyelids as desired and you will immediately notice that there is no fallout and the application is as smooth as butter.
Other Things To Keep In Mind
- Using quality eyeshadows will help your eye make- up last longer. Quality eyeshadows are buttery and smooth as opposed to powdery. Our Cockaigne and Pilot Palettes both have amazing formulae designed to glide on and stay on.
- Using an eye primer is also necessary to extend the longevity of your looks.
In conclusion, Foiling is a beauty secret you want to add to your arsenal for making sure your eye makeup doesn’t move an inch